Take Stock in Children St. Johns Scholarship Application is now Open!
Students in 8th and 9th grades are eligible to apply online at
Investing in Kids (INK!) is now accepting applications for Take Stock in Children (TSIC) St. Johns County. INK! is the lead agency for the statewide Take Stock in Children program within St. Johns County. Each year INK! recruits current 8th and 9th grade students attending St. Johns County public schools to participate in the TSIC program through their high school career with the opportunity to earn a college scholarship. This year, INK! has 35 scholarship opportunities available to award to deserving 8th and 9th graders attending public school in St. Johns County. The deadline to apply is Saturday, March 25, 2023.
The Take Stock in Children program prepares students for success beyond high school by pairing TSIC students with a volunteer Mentor, college and career coaching, and the opportunity to earn a scholarship to attend post-secondary school. The Take Stock in Children program is unique to the State of Florida, and is entering its 27th year.
Students accepted into the program and who meet the grades, attendance, and behavior standards while working with a volunteer mentor throughout their high school career will earn a two-year Florida Prepaid state college tuition scholarship. Since 2007, INK!’s St. Johns County program has seen over 96% of our students enroll in and attend a post-secondary institution.
TSIC St. Johns County has opened the 2023 Student Scholarship Application Window for students in 8th and 9th grades. Students can apply online at apply.ink-stjohns.org or download a paper application here.
Students must mee the guidelines and criteria listed below:
- Attend a St. Johns County School District middle or high school
- Be a student currently in the 8th or 9th grades
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA with no “F” semester grades
- Attendance in last 3 semesters with a total of not more than 15 unexcused absences
- No in-school or out-of-school suspensions for the last 3 semesters
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- This program is income limited; family income levels for qualifying are the same as the federal free/reduced lunch program.
- Demonstrate a desire and determination to succeed!
Should you have questions as you complete the application process, do not hesitate to contact TSIC Program Director, Jim Wheeler, by email or phone at (904) 547-7121.
About Take Stock in Children St. Johns County
- Since 1998, INK! has served students in the Take Stock in Children St. Johns County program
- At high school graduation, students who have completed the program earn a 2-year Florida College Scholarship (60 credit hours).
- Since 2007, INK!’s TSIC St. Johns County program has seen over 96% of our students enter a post-secondary institution upon high school graduation.
Become a Mentor
For more information about the Take Stock in Children program and to apply to be a Mentor, visit the Take Stock in Children program page or contact Jim Wheeler at (904) 547-7121 or email. A Take Stock in Children Mentor commits to mentoring a student throughout the school year.
Start the Mentor application process by downloading the application at TSIC Mentor Application
About Take Stock in Children
Take Stock in Children, Inc. is a nonprofit mentoring, college success, and college scholarship organization dedicated to transforming Florida one student at a time. Working statewide throughout Florida, their mission is to break the cycle of poverty for low-income, underrepresented, academically qualified students by providing opportunities for degree attainment through post-secondary education. The organization provides wraparound services to students through an innovative multi-year model from middle through post-secondary completion. Learn more at www.takestockinchildren.org.