Episode 5 of the INK! Podcast is now available to stream on Spotify (or on your favorite podcast service).
In this episode, Ian MacDonald and Jim Wheeler speak with Donna Lueders, INK! Executive Director, and Nick Reuther, Beaver Toyota St. Augustine General Manager about the recent 2X Match Campaign Beaver Toyota and INK! partnered to host on DonorsChoose, a crowdfunding website focused on connecting teachers with donors to fund classroom projects and materials. Through the first few months of the 2022-2023 school year, the Beaver Toyota & INK! Match Campaign matched dollar-for-dollar donations to projects posted by St. Johns County public school teachers on the DonorsChoose website.
Over the course of the campaign, Beaver Toyota & INK! with the support of private donors and the community funded creative classroom projects around St. Johns County including STEM resources, math manipulatives, classroom libraries and literacy resources, technology and robotics devices, art supplies and supplies for science experiments.
- 76 projects were brought to life through the Beaver / INK! matching grant.
- 66 teachers and their students at 24 schools benefited from the fully funded project materials.
- The 2X Match Campaign funding helped bring over 19,000 learning experiences to life, impacting students around St. Johns County.
- 44 additional projects were partially funded through the 2X Match Campaign.
- More details are available on the Beaver / INK! 2X Match Partner Page including teacher comments and photos of the awesome learning experiences!
Our sincere gratitude to Beaver Toyota for partnering with INK! to launch this classroom funding campaign and to the individual donors and community members who supported classroom projects with donations as well.
Click the Play button above to listen!